Thursday, September 16, 2010

So I have come to yet another decision

Metalsmithing did not exactly take me into a direction I originally assumed it would. Although it has started a small side business for me with custom crafted rings/necklaces and hopefully soon: earrings, it's still not what I thought.
My next attempt will be to try my hand at school again, possibly at Santa Monica College and enroll in their photography program.

Out of all my "hobbies" this has been my most persistent one. Everything else I do has been supplemented with me taking pictures or video of whatever else it is I'm doing, and I enjoy it as much as whatever that may be. Sometimes it seems as though me trying to take the picture of whatever activity I'm doing takes over the activity itself, which leads me to believe this may be where a bigger portion of my soul may lie.

I believe the only way to know for certain is to try. But a part of my also believes that there is no try, only do.

I tried applying online today but because the term I'm applying to is not yet open it took me to all these confusing things. I'll call tomorrow and see how it goes.

Anyways, this path may potentially lead me to a side quest that has been lurking in the back of my mind since around 2007: tackling the infamous Art Center College of Design. Ever since I first visited that place with Boeun way back when it had this aura about it that I was so attracted to. Even now. The atmosphere was flooded with talent, inspiration, and maybe what I yearned for most of all, a challenge I would enjoy.

The feeling I get from even thinking about it almost rivals my passion for racing, and from a certain standpoint seems more attainable, yet still slightly beyond my reach. Things always seem more attractive for that reason.




vs




Who will win?

No comments:

Post a Comment