Friday, January 6, 2012

New Directions

Just so this thing isn't completely useless and to give myself something to do out here in the land of nothing known as Hinesville, GA, I'll turn this thing into a non-art spcific blog.
I've come a long way from the person of yesteryear trying anything and everything to find out what I wanted to do with myself. I wasn't sure what path I wanted to take, as I felt I had many I was capable of walking. Having signed my soul away to the government, my road has really narrowed, but not for the worst. There's definitely a lot of peace in having a set future. The army has really simplified my life in the way I really needed. I'm not completely dropping my artistic endeavors completely, as I did an extensive amount of photographing during AIT, but it's definitely more something I have to do on the side now.
It's weird how I feel very brainwashed and soldierized, yet I continue to redefine myself as a civilian, however little time I may spend being one. I guess since I spend more time as a soldier than as a civilian I feel like I need to really exaggerate and indulge during the time I'm allowed to be one. Whatever the case may be, despite having to leave behind an enjoyable life, I'm liking my transition so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment